The PR Coordinator is an entry-level position at PRP Group and plays a key role within client management teams, with a specific focus on proactively supporting PR strategists and communications with clients on a daily basis in a professional and efficient manner.
This position requires a highly organized, motivated, and enthusiastic team member who will ensure that we are maintaining effective and collegial relationships with the members of our client family. The PR Coordinator must be able to see beyond challenges, conceptualize solutions and work with both our internal team and our clients’ personnel to make our shared vision a reality. An essential aspect of that work is becoming familiar with our clients’ solutions, branding preferences, communications styles, and needs. To be successful, the PR Coordinator must always attend to the needs of our PR Strategist and the members of our client family and continually seek ways to add value to PRP’s relationship with those clients.
The PR Coordinator will report directly to the Director of PR Strategy and Client Success. As a member of the PRP team, the PR Coordinator is responsible for furthering our company’s values and mission while driving efficiency, quality, and creativity in their work. PRP Group team members are expected to lead by example, including pitching in on agency tasks as needed. They also share in the rewards of jobs well done, including the opportunity to transition into specialized or advanced roles within PRP.
- Support select clients as their PR Coordinator team member.
- Schedule client calls and create and distribute meeting agendas.
- Participate in and document discussions during client conference calls and internal meetings.
- Note and delegate client and PRP action items from client calls.
- Maintain client files, materials, approvals and records in our systems.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs.
- Assist in the research and development of client deliverables and projects.
- Brainstorm and identify new opportunities for clients and recommendations on ways to improve ongoing campaigns and projects.
- Assist PR Strategists and the editorial team in creating editorial pitches, article topics, award submissions, press releases and backgrounders, and other activities as assigned.
- Monitor education trade publications and e-newsletters as well as our clipping service for client press coverage, enter and track clips in our media management platform, and analyze client coverage for opportunities and areas to improve.
- Learn internal PR and client management products and processes and work with the project manager to create and support client deliverables in our project management system.
- Build lists of influencers and media contacts and help maintain company databases.
- Participate in and collaborate with other team members across the agency on agency-driven projects.
- Fill in for team members when they are out of the office or unable to attend a call.
- Keep abreast of education industry news and trends and each client’s business.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings as well as autonomously.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous time-sensitive demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Having the initiative to start projects on your own and the tenacity to see them through to the end.
- Ability to thrive in a virtual setting in a dedicated home office environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PR tactics and processes.
- Commitment to the work of the education industry.
- Dedication to building and nurturing a positive rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft and Google Suites and project management tools.
- College degree in communications, journalism, English, or related area (experience in the field is certainly considered for those who have degrees, certificates or microcredentials in other areas).
- 1-2 years of work experience.
- Proficiency with PR tools, such as Meltwater and SproutSocial, a plus.
- Base salary will be determined by relevant experience, education and cultural fit, ranging from $40K-$47K.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Access to PRP’s Company Medical and Dental Insurance plans and company premium contributions.
- Internet and cell phone stipends since we are a virtual company.
- 10 days PTO, paid holidays and week of rest, and paid family and medical leave for qualified employees.
- Access to PRP 401K after one year of employment. PRP matches up to 4% of employee contributions.